The first ever World Poker Tour event, and the first major poker tournament, held on Chinese soil wrapped up last night when Zheng Hua was crowned the winner of WPT National China.
Day 3 of the tournament started with 42 remaining players, including WPT Champions Club member McLean Karr. Players started hitting the rail quickly as play progressed and, since the money bubble burst with 60 players remaining, they all walked away with a cash payout for their efforts. The rail would claim Karr later in the day when he exited in 12th holding 44 vs AJ when an Ace hit on the flop, leaving him sweating a 6 on the river for a backdoor straight that never came.
Just one hand later, the 11th place finisher exited the tournament area and the final table was set. Featuring a huge screen showing all the action from multiple camera angles, the final table buzzed with excitement as it consisted of mostly local Chinese players and one European, Sam Razavi. When all was said an done it was Zheng Hua Lei who claimed the victory and the $192,406 payout.
Here are the top 10 payouts:
1. Zheng Hua Lei – 1,200,000 ($192,406)
2. You Jia Wang – 600,000 ($96,203)
3. Sam Razavi – 300,000 ($48,101)
4. Yue Cao – 200,000 ($32,067)
5. Lei Xu – 150,000 ($24,050)
6. Li Fu Liu – 120,000 ($19,240)
7. Xue Yi Lin – 95,000 ($15,232)
8. Zhi Yong Li – 80,000 ($12,827)
9. Ji Wei Deng – 70,000 ($11,223)
10. Jia He Li – 60,000 ($9,620)
The next event up for WPT National Series is PKR WPT National Dublin, which is being held at CityWest Hotel in Saggart, Co., Dublin, from Jan 3 – 6, 2013, and will feature a WPT Live Stream of the final table action.